- All products are made using materials sourced from North America and manufactured in Canada.
- The Thorax model is a core product in the Up in Smoke Welding Apparel product line and is designed specifically with welder’s in mind.
- Top 6 Things To Know About the Thorax:
- We use 14 oz CarbonX fleece which is made with a blend of fibres for strength, warmth, and comfort.
- We use environmentally conscious leather from a world class leader in both green initiatives and hide tanning and the quality of this leather will help keep your range of motion on cold days.
- Our leather may have imperfections on it as it comes from an animal. Imperfections can be as a result of branding, scrapes, cuts, freckles and wrinkles. They are not on every hoodie and do not impede the integrity or performance of our gear.
- Our designs strategically place the leather on the side of your hood, upper torso and arms to help protect from burns, and prolong the life of your garment. By placing the leather only where you need it, it cuts down weight and bulkiness, while still delivering the protection you need.
- The hood and sleeves are lined with Mount Vernon Mills twill for additional comfort and this makes the hood and sleeve lighter and less bulky.
- We use heavy Kevlar and Nomex stitching to ensure the Thorax can tolerate prolonged use.
Please remember to go up a size if you plan to layer another sweater and other garments underneath. The leather sleeves will fit a bit tighter than a regular fleece hoodie.